Sunday, February 3, 2013

Update Long Overdue

This is my first post since May of last year.  I suppose I was just feeling beat down and tired.  In a year's time, I added three new diagnoses to my health record bringing my list of "invisible" illnesses up to five.  Then I had my gallbladder taken out.

Good things happened too.  We had a great summer last year spending time at the Y as a family - swimming, basketball, laps around the track, and teaching the kids to climb the rock wall.  We took a trip to visit my husband's parents, a few states away.  I took a couple jewelry making workshops with my Mom, and a biology class in the fall.

Currently, my energy is not what it should be, but I find myself using it in useless ways.  I'm following 3 new TV shows and try never to miss a Facebook post.  I feel better when I eat better and worse when I eat worse.  I can't fall asleep at night with my brain rambling on about mostly unimportant details and some things important that aren't going to be solved.

I resolved to try and use my energy more wisely, and to spend it on things that nourish myself and my family.  So when a friend at church today reminded me how long it's been since I've posted on my blog, it made sense to get back in touch.

The timing couldn't be more critical.  Today, I was blessed to be installed as a deacon at our church.  I am incredibly honored and very excited to see what God is up to this year.

2 comments: