Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tulle and Ribbon Angel

A week ago Sunday, I was inspired to make the tulle and ribbon angel below. I've never made anything like it before; it just came to me. There were no patterns or instructions, yet it worked out beautifully.

I loved the result so much I walked it around my house trying to find the perfect place to display it. When I couldn't find the right place, I realized - this angel is not intended for me. But, I had no idea who it was for.

The next day, I was further inspired to attach a hand written copy of Ellens Dritter Gesang written in German to the back of the angel.


I do not speak German, nor did I know anyone that did. I copied the German text for the song from an online source.

I kept it in prayer and was confident I would eventually find this angel a home. A week to the day later, I learned that my neighbor / preteen "mother's helper" is studying German in school. I'm guessing this angel is for her. :)

BTW, Ellens Dritter Gesang is the original lyric to Frans Schubert's Op 52 no 6, the music that the Ave Maria is now set to. The character, Ellen, sings a prayer to the Virgin Mary which is probably why it was adapted for the Roman Catholic prayer, Ave Maria (Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellens_dritter_Gesang).

No comments:

Post a Comment